The town of Cheraw will observe Halloween Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013 between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Only children, ages 12 and under, may go trick-or-treating.
Mike Smith, Cheraw Town Administrator, reminds all residents to follow these safety guidelines:
• Parents should escort children while trick-or-treating.
• Children should only trick-or-treat in familiar neighborhoods.
• Children should wear some type of reflective costume or clothing so they may be seen by passing motorists.
• Children should not eat any candy until they return home and have all candy examined by their parents.
• All motorists should be especially careful of pedestrian “ghosts and goblins” Thursday night.
• Trick-or-treaters should be respectful of the property of others and only go to houses that have their porch lights on.