Sam Monroe, the Chamber of Commerce Marketing Representative at BlueCross BlueShield of SC, spoke of policy options and other health care coverage issues at this month’s Lunch and Learn in Cheraw last week.
Monroe discussed the BlueCross BlueShield True Blue Health Insurance program that is now available for chamber members and offers rates and policy flexibility for Cheraw area small businesses and individuals. Monroe also spoke briefly on the new laws affecting changes in health care coverage.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has been operating about 60 years, offering health care insurance to state residents. The True Blue Plan, in effect for 10 years, is a group health insurance designed for chamber members. This program gives any small businesses that are chamber members the chance to offer insurance to their employees.
Monroe said facts regarding the True Blue program include:
• Offers major medical insurance plans at extremely competitive rates available exclusively to chamber members;
• Business True Blue is group health insurance exclusively designed for chamber members (2 to 99 employees);
• Personal True Blue is individual health insurance exclusively designed for chamber members with no access to employer benefits;
• Discounts on HRA and 24/7 Nurse Line;
• 5 percent discount on ancillary products offered by Companion Life to groups of 10 or more (STD, LTD, Voluntary Life and Dental);
• True Blue is backed by BlueCross’ extensive provider network. The network of physicians and hospitals is the largest in South Carolina and also offers access to care across the U.S. and around the world;
• BlueCross BlueShield of SC has a record of financial stability and responsibility illustrated by an A+ Superior rating from A.M. Best Company.
True Blue offers anywhere from 15 to 30 percent savings verses a leading public plan, said Monroe. True Blue offers regular plans, value plans and high end plans for businesses as well as individual plans, personal True Blue, to people who work for a Chamber business. The personal True Blue, offered to individuals 19 to 64 years of age, is not only portable but it also provides insurance to an individual that is between jobs, he said. Dependants can be added, at no cost, to a personal plan along with additional features that can be purchased to add to the base plan.
Currently 70 chambers state-wide are participating in True Blue, including the State Chamber, Monroe said. The Chamber businesses aren’t the only ones that benefit from this plan. The True Blue plan pays back a royalty to the Chamber for businesses that participate in the program, which can be used in anyway by the Chamber to help support local events within the community. The plan will also help to lure new business to the area and save businesses money, he said. Monroe told the group that it’s a “quality product” that will help support the local Chamber.
Cheraw’s True Blue agent is Richard Clark of Farm Bureau Insurance. If you are a local Chamber business or individual that works for a Chamber business and are interested in what True Blue has to offer, contact the Chamber office or Richard Clark at 623-2119.
Lunch and Learn is at Country Kitchen in Cheraw each month.