Understanding the laws and your legal rights can be frustrating, which is why the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program is offering a public workshop series to help you with your legal issues.
The Legal Lessons program will be held at Northeastern Technical College in Cheraw on Tuesdays from April 9 through May 21. Learn from lawyers about family law, real estate, juvenile justice, bankruptcy law and other South Carolina laws that are affecting you.
All classes will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at NETC’s main campus in Cheraw. Cost for the entire series is $45; course materials will be provided at no extra cost.
The following legal topics will be discussed:
• April 9: Overview of state courts, alternative dispute resolution;
• April 16: Juvenile justice and child protection;
• April 23: Family law, real estate/landlord tenant law;
• April 30: Wills, estates and probate; health care and elder law;
• May 7: South Carolina workers’ compensation law, employment law;
• May 14: Bankruptcy law, consumer law and debt collection;
• May 21: Criminal law, torts.
Registration deadline for the Legal Lessons program is April 3. To register, call NETC’s Division of Continuing Education at 843-921-6920. The workshop series is a public service of the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program.