The old Chesterfield School was built in 1908 and its reported that students helped unload the rocks used in the construction of the building. The building was used as the school until
1975. After a fire in 1992, sections of the building still standing were used for years as a gymnasium and cafeteria. The Chesterfield Recreation Department used the building until another fire that destroyed it in 2004.