The following people were recently arrested on these charges by the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office:
• Dewitt Ray Kennedy, 57, of 840 Manor Road, Cheraw, was arrested for simple assault.
• Dadrick Jumon Sowell, 26, of Lot 188 Honeysuckle Lane, Pageland, was arrested for simple possession of marijuana.
• Marvin Lee Griffin, 44, of 2675 Lowestone Church Road, Rockwell, N.C., was arrested for driving under suspension.
• Kenneth G. Byrd, 51, was arrested for distribution of pills.
• Eddie Wayne Polson, 53, was arrested for distribution of pills.
• Sherry Lynn McLain, 56, of 170 McLaughlin Lane, McBee, was arrested for false information to police.
• Michael Gainey, 41, of 2201 County Line Road, Hartsville, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
• Joshua Phillip Morton, 23, of Teals Mill, Chesterfield, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Arrest reports published in the Cheraw Chronicle are copied from local law enforcement records. Reports include both arrest and criminal summons such as citations. The Chronicle lists them all as arrests. People charged are presumed innocent until determined to be guilty by a court of law.