The Cheraw Spring Festival will be held April 5-7 this year, and the Cheraw Arts Commission is once again sponsoring a Fine Arts Show.
New rules for judging entries are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a resident of Chesterfield County.
2. Entries must be original works, created solely by the entrant. Entries can not be a copy of another person’s work or a copy of a picture or photograph in a magazine or any other source of a photograph taken by anyone other than the entrant. Entries utilizing kits or mass-molded items are not acceptable. Artwork created during workshops is not acceptable.
3. Submitted works must have been produced within the last two years and not previously exhibited in any Spring Festival Fine Arts Show Exhibit.
4. Participants may submit a maximum of two entries- per category.
All submitted pieces will be included in judging process. However, depending on number of entries per category and space limitations, both submitted pieces in same category by individual artist may or may not be displayed.
The Cheraw Arts Commission gallery committee will determine the pieces to be displayed in the show.
5. Size Restriction- maximum finished size 30”x 40” (includes frame)
Framed pieces must be securely positioned in frame and properly wired. Museum wrapped pieces are acceptable. Student artwork that is matted or secured to foam board and can be attached to wall with Velcro is acceptable.
The judge reserves the right to eliminate awards in any division on the basis of quality of work and the right to eliminate any category that does not have a sufficient number of works submitted.
There will be three categories: visual artwork, photography and fine crafts. There will be a first, second, third place, and honorable mention for 9-12, adult amateur, and adult professional divisions. All entries K-8 are winners! Each child will receive a ribbon in this division. Winners will be notified by March 28. Awards will be presented Saturday, April 6, at 9:50 a.m. at the Festival Main Stage area.
Art work must be delivered to the Community Center March 21-22, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entries will not be accepted after
5 p.m. on March 22. No work accepted before these dates.
All exhibited works will remain in the gallery until April 30. Pieces can be picked up May 1 and 2 - 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact the Cheraw Arts Commission at 537-8420, ext. 12.