Low calorie ice cream brand Oppo Brothers Collaborated with expert Dr. Sarah Kemp searched for the exact formula for the perfect way to eat and enjoy ice cream to the fullest. They discovered that to get the right experience, you have to go through six steps.
The scientific equation demonstrates a step-by-step process of how to properly taste ice cream to increase flavor and create a sensory experience. What does it look like? The correct spoon is important and so is the correct temperature. Which brings us to the formula:
(i @ -14°C + 1/2s + UBL + 12s) x 2 = MF*
I = ice
-14°C = Smoothes up to -14°C
1/2S = half a teaspoon
UBL = Inverted teaspoon on the tongue
12 seconds = 12 seconds, the ice goes through the mouth and breathes
And now the formula application guide, to enjoy the ice cream to the fullest:
1. Let the ice cream warm outside the freezer to -14°C for 15 minutes. Wait until the ice is soft to the touch. This allows the odor molecules to be better released.
2. Eat the ice cream with a small spoon and scoop it only half full.
3. Put the spoon upside down in your mouth so that the ice cream hits the tongue first for the first taste.
4. Pass the ice through your mouth as you breathe in until it reaches all of your receptors. Experience the creamy, smooth texture and mouthfeel and taste.
5. Hold the ice cream in your mouth for 12 seconds to experience the maximum flavour.
6. Repeat the process to experience the full flavor profile and taste sensation.
Flavor expert Dr. Sarah Kemp: “Taste is very important and getting the most out of every bite should be the number one priority, especially when it comes to ice cream. However, people don’t realize how to maximize taste sensations when it comes to eating. When tasting ice cream, it leads Flip the spoon upside down in the mouth to hit the ice cream on the taste buds first. As a result, you’ll feel a greater impact on taste, almost immediately.”
“Coffee buff. Twitter fanatic. Tv practitioner. Social media advocate. Pop culture ninja.”