From Monday 23 May, 10 trains at peak hours, especially in the province of Antwerp, will be temporarily stopped due to a shortage of train connectors. What trains are you talking about exactly?
These are the trains that operate between Herentals and Lier and Antwerp-Central and the trains between Neerpelt and Brussels-South.
‘In the morning
- Herentals – Antwerp Central train with departures at 6.05, 7.05 and 8.06
- The Lier-Herentals train leaves at 6.32 am and 7.32 am
- Train Nierbilt – Brussels – South with departure at 9:00 am
- Antwerp-Central – Herentals train with departure at 4.15pm and 6.15pm
- Herentals-Lier train with departure at 17:05
- The Brussels-South-Nerbilt train leaves at 5 pm.
The railway company advises travelers to view the itinerary online.
Nmbs says it doesn’t like the decision being made, but considers it essential to the safety of the traveler. The train cannot operate without a train conductor.
This year, Nmbs has posted 1,300 new job openings, including 260 for train leaders. Someone was appointed to more than half of the vacancies. They are now following a five-month course and will be rolled out gradually from June.
“Coffee buff. Twitter fanatic. Tv practitioner. Social media advocate. Pop culture ninja.”