Cheraw Chronicle

Complete News World

A 15-year-old Spanish teenager died after carbon monoxide poisoning in an empty building, and eight others were taken to hospital |  Abroad

A 15-year-old Spanish teenager died after carbon monoxide poisoning in an empty building, and eight others were taken to hospital | Abroad

The parents of the deceased teen called the police because they did not know the whereabouts of their daughter. Using clues from the parents, officers were able to locate her in the abandoned building along with six other young men. All those present were unconscious when authorities arrived at the scene around 12:48 am. According to the Spanish channel La Sixta, young people gathered in an empty bar without a license. This was also confirmed by the mayor of Azuquica de Henares, Jose Luis Blanco.

The 15-year-old died at the scene. The other victims were immediately taken to hospital, and three of them are still in intensive care. According to the Spanish press, the young people are not in danger of life. The two officers who were poisoned were also taken to hospital, but were allowed to go home after treatment.

The mayor expressed his support via Twitter. “I am appalled by what happened in #Azuqueca. The information I can provide is limited at the moment. My deepest condolences go to the victim’s family, my love to those affected, and my gratitude to the authorities and health services for preventing this tragedy from becoming even greater,” Blanco said.

See also  Von der Leyen: "The European Union is in contact with the Taliban, an agreement between member states to extend humanitarian aid" | Abroad