Cheraw Chronicle

Complete News World

Angry neighbor drowns in classical outdoor concert with Motörhe ...

Angry neighbor drowns in classical outdoor concert with Motörhe …

An angry neighbor halted the outdoor classic Terrazza festival in Salons Sint-Niklaas park for half an hour on Sunday by playing loud music from his window. Eventually the police arrested him, and calm returned after that.

The Shakti String Quartet was working on their last two songs just before 4pm, when motorhead’s heavy metal song Ace Of Spades suddenly reverberated over the entire salon garden. A neighbor of a classical music festival was found to have put his stereo in front of his window and turned the volume up to ten. The result was that the concert of the quartet could no longer be heard, and both the audience and the performers could do nothing but listen to the DJ set of their neighbors.

“We were really provoked during the group’s first rehearsal earlier in the day by playing loud music,” says organizers Annelies De Graeve, Goeleke De Wit and Tim Haerinck. He called us later himself and asked us to stop our concerts, and not to do any more duplicate numbers. When we finished performing anyway, the neighbor started his own music program.

a standing ovation

At first he played heavy metal, then classical songs followed. “Our audience and artists have made the most of the forced break,” the organizers said. The string band played one of the neighbor’s classic songs, and the audience gave them a standing ovation. Their applause overshadowed the neighbour’s music. We were touched by the way everyone handled this unexpected situation.

See also  Shakira was attacked by wild boars | showbiz

The police were called to the scene right after he started his DJ set. Half an hour later they were finally able to calm the neighbor down and stop the music. It turns out that the man, who ran a café nearby, had deliberately raised his stereo due to his dissatisfaction with the “disturbing noise” at the festival. The police had already knocked on his door earlier that day. He was administratively detained. Then peace returned, and the string quartet was able to finish its last songs undisturbed.