Cheraw Chronicle

Complete News World

Bugatti has acquired a relatively unknown company from Croatia |  the cars

Bugatti has acquired a relatively unknown company from Croatia | the cars

Soon Bugatti will no longer be owned by the Volkswagen Group. The new owner, Mate Rimac, is a relatively unknown manufacturer of electric sports supercars from Zagreb.




Volkswagen has wanted to throw Bugatti out of the air for some time and a potential new owner has been mentioned. But to many, it seemed impossible that an electric car maker from Croatia could take over the entire company.

This will not happen either, because Bugatti and Rimac will form a new company called Bugatti Rimac. Founder Mate Rimac will take over the new company and own 55 percent of the shares. The other 45 percent goes to Porsche.

Porsche

The German sports car brand owns larger stakes in Rimac, as it has great confidence in the “Elon Musk of the Balkans” vision and products. Thus, Porsche already owns 24 percent of Rimac itself. There are more shareholders, but here also Mate Rimac is the main shareholder.

Mate Rimac is considered one of the greatest self-absorbers of the day. Automakers are flocking to each other to invest in his Croatian company, which is after Tesla one of the best in the world when it comes to electric propulsion.

Croatian innovator Mate Rimac. © AFP

twee hypercars

The joint venture will produce two supercar models: the Bugatti Chiron and the all-electric Rimac Nevera. There is also a hybrid version it is said.

All Bugatti models will continue to be produced at the brand’s factory in Molsheim, France. In total, about 430 employees will work in Molsheim and Zagreb.

From Rimac's refrigerator.

From Rimac’s refrigerator. © AP

READ  OVERVIEW: Hospital occupancy has dropped below 3,000 again, but numbers are barely dropping | Coronavirus is spreading