With iOS 15.0.2, Apple patched a vulnerability that was actively exploited by hackers. The update also fixes several bugs. So its installation is necessary for users.
Cupertino just released a new update for devices Compatible with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. This update is especially important because it closes a vulnerability that hackers are actively exploiting.
On the supportpage Apple explains that exploiting the vulnerability in iOS 15.0.1 could corrupt device memory. Thus, there is a risk that the application will “run arbitrary code with kernel privileges”, which could have serious consequences for the user.
The iOS 15.0.2 update improves memory management and closes the vulnerability in “IOMobileFrameBuffer”, a kernel extension that manages screen rendering based on data in the cache.
This is it Not the first time Apple reported an issue with IOMobileFrameBuffer. Last July, the extension already had a vulnerability. Overall, 2021 is not a good year for Apple when it comes to security. Since January, the US company owns register It revealed 17 “zero-day” vulnerabilities – vulnerabilities were exploited before the patch was released – in their systems.
Fix bugs and bugs
The iOS 15.0.2 update does more than just improve the security of iOS and iPadOS. It also fixes many errors, including the following:
- Connection problems with Airtag
- CarPlay may not open audio applications or disconnect during playback
- Device restore or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 . models
- Pictures saved in your library can be deleted from messages after deleting the linked topic or post
- Leather iPhone card holder with Magsafe can’t connect to “Find My”
“Lifelong entrepreneur. Total writer. Internet ninja. Analyst. Friendly music enthusiast.”