macOS Big Sur 11.5 . available
Last month, in addition to the beta version of macOS Monterey, Apple also worked on the beta version of macOS Big Sur 11.5. This is the latest Mac software update, before the big update comes with new features later this year. But in macOS Big Sur 11.5 you should not expect major improvements: Apple basically solves a number of problems. For example, problems with the Podcasts app have been fixed and there is a solution for the Music app.
Also security updates for macOS Mojave and Catalina
If you’re still using macOS Mojave or Catalina, there’s an update for you, too. These are important security updates that fix a large list of vulnerabilities and security issues. Among other things, they allowed malicious apps to gain root privileges or execute arbitrary code. There are more than 20 security solutions in total. So it is wise to install.
More about macOS Big Sur 11.5
However, tonight’s biggest update is Big Sur 11.5. This update follows iOS 14.7, which has a number of new functions. In the Weather app you can see the air quality in the Netherlands there, but we don’t have such an app on our Mac.
Big Sur 11.5 includes the following improvements for Mac:
- The Podcast Library tab displays only all the shows or shows that you follow.
The following two issues were resolved:
- Incorrect display of the number of times the music was played and the date it was last played.
- Smart cards should now work again if you are logged into a computer with an M1 chip.
macOS 11.5 Big Sur . versions
You can read Apple’s official release notes below:
macOS Big Sur 11.5 – Restart required
macOS Big Sur 11.5 includes the following improvements for your Mac:
- In the “Library” section of podcasts, you can now choose whether you want to see all shows or only shows you’ve watched
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Your music library may not have updated the number of plays and the date of the last play
- Smart cards may not work when logged into Mac computers with the M1 chip
More information about this update can be found at: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211896
More information about the security aspects of this update can be found at: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Download macOS Big Sur 11.5
You can download macOS Big Sur 11.5 from System Preferences, just like with iOS. So download this update as follows:
- go to the System Preferences.
- click system update.
- Your Mac will now automatically search for the latest version. click Download and install to get the update.
You can also adjust the settings to automatically search for the latest versions. Learn more about installing a macOS update in our article.
Note: Make comments on the topic specific and clear to others. Personal status updates or download start/succeed add nothing to the discussion. It may also take a little longer before the update becomes visible. You don’t have to report this either. These comments will be deleted.