Help! Your iPhone freezes, what now? While you might get a little nervous, you can probably fix the problem pretty easily. Here are four tips to get a stuck iPhone up again.
Read on after the announcement.
IPhone freezes: 4 solutions
It happens to every iPhone user from time to time: your iPhone freezes. The device is no longer responding to anything, the screen is “stuck” or you cannot get rid of the well-known Apple logo.
This is annoying, of course, but usually there isn’t much to worry about. After all, iPhone is a computer and these devices sometimes get stuck. Therefore, your iPhone being unresponsive sometimes is part of the problem.
However, it is important to know better what needs to be done. That’s why we’ve listed some solutions for you below. Click one of the links below to go directly to advice for your situation.
1. iPhone app crashes? You must do that
When a specific app crashes, the solution is simple: close it. You can do this on iPhones without the home button, from iPhone X released in 2017, by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. You will now see all recently opened apps. Scroll up the troubled path.
Is the annoying application causing your device to constantly crash? Then it is better to remove it. You can do this by pressing and holding the app icon until all the apps start to vibrate. Then tap on the cross to delete the rejected app from your iPhone.
2. Restart: A fresh start for your iPhone
Is your iPhone screen completely black or frozen? Then it is better to restart the device. You will not lose any apps or personal data, but you will give your smartphone a chance to recover. How to restart your iPhone depends on the model:
iPhone X (2017) and later models:
- Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons at the same time;
- Wait until you see the scroll bars on the screen;
- Then drag the top slider from left to right;
- Wait for the iPhone to shut down and restart by pressing and holding the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Reset iPhone 8 (Plus) and earlier
- Keep holding the lock button until you see the option to turn off the device;
- You swipe the icon from left to right;
- If your iPhone is locked, turn it on again by pressing the same button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
These instructions apply to iPhone 8, 7, 6, and 2nd generation iPhone SE (as of 2020).
3. iPhone freezes completely: This is how a hard reset works
Unable to restart your phone? Then hard reset may offer a solution. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any personal data. Factory reset ensures that your device shuts down and starts up again. You can arrange factory reset by pressing specific buttons.
iPhone 8 (2017) and later models:
- Press and release the volume up button;
- Shortly after, press and release the volume down button;
- Then press and hold the side button and don’t release it until the Apple logo appears.
Do you see the Apple logo on the screen? Then release the buttons and wait for the reset to complete. It may take a while for your device to completely restart. Can’t figure it out completely? Then watch the instruction video below:
You can use these steps when you have an iPhone 12 (including mini, Pro, and Pro Max), iPhone 11 (including Pro and Pro Max), iPhone XR, iPhone XS (including Max), iPhone X, or iPhone 8. (Plus) or your iPhone SE (from 2020).
Reset iPhone 7:
do you have IPhone 7 (Plus)? Then press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time. IPhone will shut down and restart on its own. This takes about twenty seconds.
Want to see how it works first? Then watch the video below. Here we explain in detail how to “normal” and “hard” reset an iPhone.
Last resort: for Apple
Is your device not responding to anything at all? Then it is better to seek professional help. Take your iPhone to the Apple store or store where you bought the device. We hope they can help you with the device. There is probably more than you can solve on your own.