Not long ago, some details about Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red were leaked. Then we learned that Yasuke and Naoe Fujibayashi will appear as the main characters in the game. For example, Yasuke is a historical figure with African roots, but later became a samurai. In addition to these details, there is now more information It leaked.
These details go deeper into the gameplay of Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red. There will be fewer map markers to encourage exploration. Since Assassin’s Creed: Origins you can disable this option, but it looks like Ubisoft now wants to implement this as a permanent feature.
In addition, the size of the game world will be larger than Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, but smaller than Odysse. This is of course still a large area and there is a good chance we will see a large part of Japan in it. An interesting choice, given that Ubisoft previously chose one large city as the location for Mirage.
A number of gameplay mechanics have reportedly already been leaked. For example, there will be a grappling hook as a tool and different positions can be adopted, including crawling and crouching through the grass. The features are as follows:
- Grapple tools (such as Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima)
- Different stances, with the ability to lie down and crawl across the grass
- Better stealth, as the player can take advantage of the darkness and create dark spots to hide in the shadows
- NPCs can defend themselves better than ever before
- There will be a feature that allows the player to “recruit” certain enemies to act as spies
- Naoi (the protagonist) will use kunai, shuriken, smoke bombs, and bells, likely indicating that she will be a more flexible and stealthy character than Yasuke, who has historically been reported to be strong – even skilled at sumo wrestling.
Finally, Ubisoft is also said to have invested heavily in the visual aspect of the game, which should represent a huge improvement graphically. A huge list of details, but for now we have to wait and see if this is all true. However, Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red is starting to look like a unique game in the series.
“Lifelong entrepreneur. Total writer. Internet ninja. Analyst. Friendly music enthusiast.”