After the European blow against Dinamo Zagreb, Racing Genk also has to deal with an explosion in the Jupiler Pro League. At Eupen, Genk gave up his 1-2 lead against 10 men in an insane final. Eupen leads the standings thanks to the triple index next to Antwerp. Genk coach John van den Broom was disappointed: “I am ashamed of this result, it is really unacceptable.”
Yubin – Racing Genk in a nutshell:
- key moment: Despite the numerical majority, Genk still gave up the three points in the final stage. Privlejak’s equalizer sent the guests into a panic, after Hyeres’ deep shot in overtime stunned them.
- man of the match: Without my Privlejack goal, there wouldn’t be a thrilling victory, but it was Jonathan Heres who really cared about the evening’s moment. With his aerial shot in the 93rd minute, the home team’s fans raved about.
- Special: After 3 consecutive league defeats against Genk, Eupen can finally take the full spoils once again against the Limburg side. The previous victory was almost two years ago. Amat, who got a red card tonight, made it 2-0.
Watch Eupen – Genk (3-2) goals
Priviljak quickly wipes out Thorstvedt’s opening goal
Genk wanted to expel the European disappointment against Dinamo Zagreb as quickly as possible. Surprisingly, Van den Broom did not count on Onwacho for this, the Nigerian sniper started off the bench in favor of Ogbo.
Club Brugge’s loss of points allowed Eupen and Genk to jump into first place. This possibility seems to inspire Eupen in particular. Vandevoordt needed a great reaction after a few minutes to keep Nuhu from being hit early To catch.
Before the first ten minutes were up, Amat also had an excellent opportunity to take a free kick from Peters, but from close range he missed his shot completely. Then Thorstvedt did much better on the other side a little later. After a gentle attack, the Norwegian gave the visitors the lead at once.
A cold shower for Eupen, whose strong start did not reward her. The host side did not have to grieve for long. After Munoz’s unfortunate hand, the ball went into the penalty area and barely 5 minutes after the opening goal, Privleak equalized the signals again.
In an open game, both teams held their chances, although Genk couldn’t put Himmelmann to the test. Vandevoordt had more work to do. Shortly before the break he was still right to a bang from Peters.
Amat misses a good opportunity because he is too surprised
Genk hands win the match
Genk got off to a strong start in the second half. Eto’o was able to push through a centerpiece and scored with a kick, but his effort hit the post. Finally, an ogbo can also be put into position, and drive away.
Eupen did not get out of the pressure and at the hour Amat had to pull the emergency brake. He had no eye for the ball and a broken Thorstvedt sternum. The verdict was ruthless: Eupen still had to go on for more than half an hour with one man less.
One-way traffic that was already forming before exclusion became more certain. With a turn shot, Thorstvedt got very close
1-2, but that wasn’t counting on a good Heimmelmann save.
It turned out that it was just a delay, because with 20 minutes of time remaining, Ogbo suddenly managed to hit the penalty area hard. Himmelmann stayed with the ball for a while, but that wasn’t enough to block the blow.
Eupen looked like a cat bird, Genk had everything under control. This is how it looked, but in a crazy final stage, visitors gave up on it. After a sharp confrontation, Beck was able to send Privlyak and bring Eupin by his side once more on tour.
Bales for Genk and it just got worse. In the last minute of extra time Peters was allowed to take a corner and with a superb shot, Heris Open already took the win. Not only that, Eupen is also in the lead alongside Antwerp thanks to the Triple Pointer
Yubin coach squanders club song with fans after beating Genk
Van den Broom: “I’m ashamed of this result”
Not a good way to start the international break for John van den Brum. It was also a mystery to the coach how Genk was left empty-handed in the end. “I still don’t understand. We were winning with another player and we controlled the match, but we made it get exciting in the last minutes with 2-2. In the end we lose, that’s really unacceptable.”
We make mutual agreements about what to do against 10 men. But if we keep moving forward and not backward, you will still be in trouble. This is the second time this has happened to us, because we have already tried it on our home soil against the Federation. I was hoping we’d have learned our lesson there, but this will be a hard one.”
“I’m ashamed of this result. Also for our fans who take the trouble to sit here on the field until 11pm on Sunday night and who then take them home after defeat. We can’t really do that, not learning from the situations we’ve been through before.”
We knew what was at stake. We really wanted to win here to take first place. We also wanted a response after last Thursday. The international outage is uncomfortable for us now, the defeat lingers longer. We could have been up front and hand that over. We know our ambitions, but there is still a huge difference between expressing them and actually doing them.”
Kramer: “This team never gives up”
- Stefan Kramer (Coach Yobin): “We played a very good first half and I was very happy with that. After the break it went a little smoother in the first 15-20 minutes, Genk was clearly better. After the red card and the goal we knew it was going to be difficult. The goal was clear: we wanted to defend and then take the risk. More in the last minutes. Sometimes you need a little luck and we got it today. But the mentality of this team is great. We are also at the top physically. We worked hard on that during the summer. At the time, the players were not happy with it, but we are reaping the benefits now. In addition, faith is also great, this team never gives up. It is good that we are leaders now, but for me, it is very important that we stick to our process and that our young players continue to develop.”
- Steve Peters (Eupin): “It’s unbelievable that we are now top, especially after 10 games. It’s great how it went today, with 10 men. It’s not visible. The first half was even, in the second half we were a little bit lower. With one man less, we wanted Hold 1-2 and then risk a bit more after the 80th minute. There has to be a bit of luck of course, but we still have many chances at the end. It’s not a stolen victory. With our mentality we can make it difficult for everyone in our field.” .
“Reader. Unapologetic web fanatic. Student. Beer buff. Social media scholar. Alcohol advocate.”
Neuville advances towards third place, Rovenpera takes over after the first day of competition in Portugal gathering
Frankfurt does not give Barcelona a consolation prize in the European League | European League 2021/2022
Philip Gilbert wanted to ride the same Rubiks: ‘But there’s a lot of pressure inside the team’ | Paris Rubix