Apple has released software updates for Apple Watch and Apple TV. watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7 are both minor updates, but we recommend downloading them as soon as possible. We show how it works.
Continue reading after the announcement.
How to download watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.71
In conjunction with iOS 14.7, Apple also released software updates for Apple Watch and Apple TV: watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7 are now available for download to help keep your Apple Watch and AppleTV running at their best. Includes minor bug fixes and improvements under the hood. With watchOS 7.6, you can also monitor the air quality in the Weather app.
How to download watchOS 7.6:
- Connect the Apple Watch to the charger and make sure that the paired iPhone is there and still close;
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone;
- Press “General” and go to “Software Update”;
- Wait a while for the update to appear and follow the onscreen instructions.
It’s best to leave your Apple Watch on the charger while updating. Additionally, make sure that the battery is at least 50 percent full when you start the update. Also useful: Back up your Apple Watch beforehand. This way you can be sure that no valuable information is lost.
Also an update for Apple TV
In addition to watchOS 7.6, you can also download tvOS 14.7. This is also a minor update that basically improves things behind the scenes.
tvOS 14.7 download works as follows:
You need an Apple TV HD (also known as Apple TV 4) or Apple TV 4K to install the update.
- Go to the Settings app on the home screen of your Apple TV;
- Select “System” and click “Software Updates”;
- Choose “Software Update” and confirm your choice with “Download and install”;
- Select Update Now and wait for your Apple TV to finish updating. During the update, your Apple TV will restart once.
Want to stay informed about upcoming software updates from Apple? Subscribe to our newsletter or Download de iPhoned app!
Read the latest news about Apple:
“Lifelong entrepreneur. Total writer. Internet ninja. Analyst. Friendly music enthusiast.”