Read also. Basic Cabinet Decision: Theaters and cinemas can open again soon
• Things are going well in Antwerp torch theater It opens again from Sunday. “We want to resume the ‘Christmas Kids’ series of shows as soon as possible,” says director Sam Verhoeven. “We will be moving the shows that were canceled this week into February.”
According to Verhoeven, the reopening is planned “only” on Sunday because a lot of practical matters have to be arranged again. “We need to contact people who have been told their show has already been postponed to say they can now come and watch on the original date,” he says. “It’s about 200 people a day because the shows are all sold out. But of course we are glad we can get back to work.”
• Opera Ballet of Flanders Still discussing series performances before Bohemian Resume as soon as possible. It’s probably too late for shows that were still planned in Antwerp until December 31, but the series planned from January 8 in Ghent may continue.
• Still in Antwerp resumes theater house Wednesday evening already in the show Borla sheep song By FC Bergman for an audience of 200 people. The piece is still scheduled to be shown Thursday evening. “Following the State Council’s decision last night, we immediately began contacting,” spokeswoman Lin van de Putt said. “Everyone is eager to start over.”
• Kinepolis It will not reopen until January 1st. The chain announced this on Wednesday. “We have just prepared everything for the closure, and we are now making full preparations for reopening,” spokeswoman Anneline van Tross said. “It’s not so easy that we can turn the light back on.” The staff, among other things, must be mobilized again. It’s a true rollercoaster, according to Van Tross. “We’ll be back to work with staff planning, programming, ticket sales, etc.”
The spokeswoman cannot quantify exactly the financial impact of the short-term closure. “We can’t put a number on that. But the Christmas holidays are the peak period for us, so it’s such a shame that we have to shut down for a few days,” she says. “We hope for more stable waters in the near future.”
• User Generated Content, the second largest cinema chain in Belgium, will welcome visitors to cinemas again from tomorrow. The company announced this announcement on Facebook. During the day, programming will be added to the site again.
• Not only are Antwerp theater halls preparing for their reopening, but also many of the city’s cinemas. cartoon cinema Behind the town hall they did it right on tuesday evening, Light Cinema In Antwerp and Mechelen it opens again on Wednesdays and Cinema Van De Studio in Antwerp South is doing everything it can to open again from Thursday.